All policies and procedures defined below are in effect any time the school is open, and apply to all parents and guardians as well as their designated drivers. Parents will be contacted immediately should they or their alternate be observed in violation of these procedures.
The school requires license plate numbers for all parents or designated drivers who are involved in drop-off or pick-up. If your family needs additional permits, please contact the school.
Morning Care Drop-Off
Monday – Friday, 7:00 – 7:30 a.m.
Front Entrance of the School
Early Childhood Morning Drop-Off
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.
Monday-Friday, 7:30 – 7:50 a.m.
Parking lot in rear of school, please proceed as far up the lot to allow for multiple cars to enter parking lot
Early Childhood Program Afternoon Dismissal
- Monday-Thursday, 2:30 p.m.
- Midday Dismissal, 11:30 a.m.
Monday-Friday, 2:45 p.m.
Parking lot in rear of school
After School Program(s)
Weekdays, 4 p.m.
Saint Joseph Regional School is committed to creating a safe environment for students at all times, particularly during drop-off and pick-up. We are committed to partnering with our parents, neighbors and nearby schools to keep the flow of traffic running smoothly.
- Drop-off is a single-lane queue. The queue is in the back parking lot of the school.
- The queue is designed to keep things moving smoothly. Please pull all the way forward. Do not attempt to double-park. Drivers should not get out of their cars for any reason.
- Pick-up uses a multiple-lane queue in the back parking lot of the school.
- The queue is designed to keep things moving smoothly. Please pull all the way forward. Do not attempt to start a new row of traffic until the previous row is completely filled.
- Students are dismissed promptly at 2:45 p.m. and are to immediately find their car.
- Each row of cars is dismissed at the discretion of the designated school monitor (usually the Principal).
A Dozen Ways You Could Disrupt the Flow of Traffic
- Walking down school driveway toward back parking lot
- Allowing students to exit a vehicle in a non-designated area
- Parking in driveways, bus zones and red zones
- Parking in the yellow zone during posted hours
- Blocking an intersection
- Dropping-off or picking-up passengers in a driveway or traffic lane
- Horn honking, except as a warning of imminent danger
- Use of cell phones or texting
- Picking-up or dropping-off on in the front parking lot except during morning and after school care
- Parents exiting the vehicle and not re-entering them in a timely manner